Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Olympic Glory

Just like everyone else around the world I have been caught up in all of the Olympic hype the last few days. While I expected to share in the fun spectating from pubs or at home, by some stroke of insane luck I scored a ticket to an event! Yesterday evening I headed out to Stratford to tour the Olympic park and watch USA take on Argentina in women's field hockey





With all the British pride flying its hard to find American flags, but I did find this cool "Wild America" Scarf at Rokit to show my Team USA support.




The architecture and atmosphere inside the park was amazing. It was also great to meet people from all over the world turned out to cheer on their teams... but of couse I was the most thrilled to run into fellow USA supporters!





Britain happy to hold the torch 




After milling around the huge park I headed to the hockey field to see USA in action...


Our girls don't mess around!

In the end USA beat Argintina 1-0!!

My day at the Olympic park truly was an experience of a lifetime and definitely added to what has been an amazing year in London. 
Special Thank You to my friend Shanti for the ticket to the game!

1 comment: