Saturday, April 7, 2012

Remembering Sunday

Sundays are a sacred day to me. The one day meant for true relaxation... no matter how stressful your week has been, or what stresses the week to come might bring. Wrapping up my vacation time, I spent last weekend in Paris (one of my favorite places as you know). Here are a few pictures from my Sunday wanderings in the city.



I spent the day wandering around my friend Adi's neighborhood. Pictures in front of the Pantheon 

 **haha had to add this- I found this ridiculous music video shot in front of the Pantheon**


After that we headed to Jardin du Luxembourg. The park was packed with people trying to enjoy one of the first days of Spring


It was lovely to sit out in the sun and people watch for a few hours  






More strolling led me to a really cool bookstore near Norte Dame. Shakespeare and Company has a host of new and antique books. Upstairs there is also a darling library where you can sit and enjoy classics or your new purchases 



To end the day I went to Le Caveau des Oubliettes "The cave of the forgotten"- a former dungeon style jail turned Sunday blues spot. I was fortunate enough to get to hear Adi's friend Mike (pictured above to the left playing the guitar) perform... he was AMAZING! I never ever thought I'd hear some real down home blues in Paris. 

Just next door to Le Caveau des Oubliettes is Aux Trois Maillets. Upstairs you can get one of the best steaks in Paris, and downstairs is a renowned old school cabaret.  Perfect late night entertainment and eatz.

I'm remembering my lovely Sunday in Paris and already missing it. Its back to work now unfortunately. 
Until next time! and Happy Easter xx








No comments:

Post a Comment