Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Beer Tasting



Last night my friends and I kicked back at BEERFEST! 2011 aka the beer tasting hosted by Malik and me. It was good people, good food, and good beer... an overall GREAT night. Above are some of the beers we tasted.


One of my brighter ideas was to make homemade corn dogs for everyone to snack on. I'm looking homely in this picture but they were a big hit!


Here is the recipe from allrecipes.com if you want to try them out




INGREDIENTS:
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup white sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 egg
1 cup milk
1 quart vegetable oil for frying
2 (16 ounce) packages beef frankfurters
16 wooden skewers
DIRECTIONS:
1.In a medium bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, salt, pepper, sugar and baking powder. Stir in eggs and milk.
2.Preheat oil in a deep saucepan over medium heat. Insert wooden skewers into frankfurters. Roll frankfurters in batter until well coated.
3.Fry 2 or 3 corn dogs at a time until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels.




Some of the tasters


the co-host


Four-eye club


The Grand Finale was a taste of Allagash Black!


So here are my top 3 Beers of the night:
1. Colette farmhouse ale
2. Dogfish Head IPA
3. Port City Dark Ale

Check out the Try Five on the side bar for some other great beers I drank


**RIP to my phone that fell in the toilet at the end of the night... you died too young!**

No comments:

Post a Comment